Create ad-hoc connection on Jetson TX2

Hey,
I have a Jetson TX2 which I am interested in creating a Wireless connection as secondary entry point.

The Jetson TX2 will go in an inaccessible spot connected to a camera via a switch and to the internet via a router. This will be the main connection to access the device, but I would be interested in creating a wireless entry point as a solution if the main connection fails.

Since the wireless connection would only be used when the main connection fails, I think that my only option is to create an ad-hoc connection between the Jetson TX2 and the other device (e.g. a laptop).

I have an external wifi adapter connected to the Jetson TX2 and I have been trying to establish a connection between the devices, but I have not manage to do it.

Then I read in [1] that when configuring the wireless card to operate in Ad-Hoc (IBSS) mode using encryption WEP or WPA, the system would crash.

Is there any way to establish a connection without internet connection in the Jetson TX2 between two devices? If the solution is only with an ad-hoc connection type, can it be done?

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/issue-200327384-wifi-ad-hoc-networking-is-not-supported-and-may-cause-a-system-crash-if-enabled/53576`

Could someone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Sorry that ad-hoc mode has no fix. You can try to configure one TX2 as AP mode and another one as STA and connect it to one another.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.