Create custom password/username after flashing

I am trying to automatize the flashing of a Jetson TX2. I am able to flash it correctly and connect to it by tty with screen. However, I’d like to automatize the initial configuration (username/passward/host/language/country…) so i don’t have to do it manually every time I want to flash a TX2.

I am flashing the jetson with a docker image slightly modified from GitHub - idavis/jetson-containers: Running CUDA containers on the Jetson platform which is the optimal way to flash it for my purposes.

Thank you in advance.

Please check the jetson nano FAQ on nano forum board. I put a script there and it should work for all platforms (tx1/tx2/xavier/nano).

I am using TX2 with Ubuntu 18.04 and this script is still not working. While executing the sh I don’t get any errors but still i still require new username and password after flashing. I also tried to change the files in rootfs/var/cache/debconf/ for an already configured TX2 with all the desired settings and still doesn’t work.

I just tried this script on my ubuntu host and re-flash my TX2. There is no asking for system configuration.

May I know your step and commands?

After running the script inside the Linux_for_Tegra i flash the jetson with a docker image with:

sudo ./flash.sh REPOSITORY:TAG

The flash works but when I connect via screen I require the initial ubuntu configuration (that is what I want to automatize):

sudo screen /dev/ttyACM0

I am not very sure about what is the output from ttyACM0. What do you see from ACM0? The serial console?

After the flash I see the usual set up of linux, the same that can be found in Welcome — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation

However, this step is the on I want to automatize and skip.