Drive AGX Xevier black display problem

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi all,

I was finaly able to flash the system using SDK manager and bring it back online to 5.2.6.0 . I setup via the minicom the post SSH setting the brought the system online. I also followed the step to install the desktop manager the GDM3 but finalize with blackscreen with no desktop manager app.

On the minicom serial i am getting the following problems:

Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS tegra-ubuntu ttyS0

tegra-ubuntu login: ��verify_rate_range: FMON_NVDISPLAYHUB: rate 2781250 below 0
fmon_update_config: FMON_NVDISPLAYHUB: detected fault 0x4000
verify_rate_range: FMON_NVDISPLAYHUB: rate 2781250 below min 18750000

any clues? i think i need to manual flash all firmware in the system but not sure. Any guidelines will help allot.

Dear @nhenn,
Yes. Ubuntu desktop is not provided with DRIVE OS.
Please see https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.6.0L/drive-os/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_NGC_Development_Guide/Interfaces/sys_components_file_ubuntu.html#wwpID0E0GB0HA to install GUI on target.

Hi Siva,

Thanks for getting back to me. I already followed this guide and installed the GDM3 and ubuntu-desktop as explained in the manual.
The error I referred in my original post which I see in the minicom serial console is shown after the install steps in the manual.

Dear @nhenn,
The display has nothing to with those messages. I have also noticed such messages on tegra console. Please see Error trying to connect monitor - #17 by SivaRamaKrishnaNV.
Could you check systemctl status display-manager? Is it possible to change the display monitor?

Problem solved,
The one important note that is not mentioned in the manual is that desktop manager and GDM3 need to be installed in parallel on both Xavier systems.
Once i flashed the box from scratch and installed it on both systems everything works fine.
Quick question, the desktop i get, for which system is it? A or B? how can i distinguish or switching between the two ?

Dear @nhenn,
Page 6 in quick start guide(
Log in | NVIDIA Developer) shows the HDMI ports for Tegra A/B. Please check connecting monitor in respective ports for display.

You can connect to Tegra A/B using minicom on /dev/ttyUSB2 or /dev/ttyUSB6 ports respectively.

1 Like