Environment Specification and MTBF for Tegra X1 (repost)

I had posted this on 22Sept2016. Unfortunately have not get any reply. I reposting the same questions with some add-on

I was reading through the datasheet for TX1 looking for the following information

• Operating Temperature
  • Storage Temperature
  • Humility
  • MTBF

I had found the Operating temperature range and Operating Lifetime which I guessed is MTBF.

• Is there any document which indicate the rest of the information?
  • Does Operating Lifetime same as MTBF?
  • What are test does the Manufacturer perform for each module to ensure the quality and reliabilities before shipping?
  • How can we know the production batch number from the module?

Hi Alan73,

There is currently no additional information other than what is already published in download center - [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads[/url]

No, operating lifetime is not the same as MTBF.

• Are are test does the Manufacturer perform for each module to ensure the quality and reliabilities before shipping?
    NVDIA is committed to providing high quality products to our customers and follows stringent standards and procedures for manufacturing.

• How can know the production batch number from the module?
    We can have further discussion for the purpose of this requirement.

Thanks

Hi Kayccc,

There is currently no additional information other than what is already published in download center - https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads
    [Alan73] What is the recommended Storage Temperature and Humilities if we will to stock up this module?

[Alan73] So what is the MTBF number for the module?

• Are are test does the Manufacturer perform for each module to ensure the quality and reliabilities before shipping?
    NVDIA is committed to providing high quality products to our customers and follows stringent standards and procedures for manufacturing.
    [Alan73] Would you be able share what time of test and parameters. Test such as ESS (Temperature, Vibration) and EQT?

[Alan73] Batch number will be useful when we are going for mass production. Our production of our product may consists of TX1 module of different batches. When there is a surge in failure, with additional information will help to isolate the issue better.

Thanks

[/quote]

Hi Alan73,

Regarding the Storage Temperature, you could find this information from the TX1 module datasheet - [url]http://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-tx1-module-data-sheet[/url]

We are checking the humidity spec and will get back to you.

For other questions, will be updated once received further update from the team.

Thanks

Hi Alan73,

There is currently no additional information other than what is already published in download center - https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads
    [Alan73] What is the recommended Storage Temperature and Humilities if we will to stock up this module?
    The recommended storage temperature range is -40C to 80C as specified in the module datasheet. We are preparing a reliability report which contains humidity information. It will be published in the next few weeks.

[Alan73] So what is the MTBF number for the module?
    The reliability report being prepared will contain MTBF information.

[Alan73] Would you be able share what time of test and parameters. Test such as ESS (Temperature, Vibration) and EQT?
    Our testing is continuously evolving so we cannot share that information. Information about the supported operating conditions for the module can be found in the datasheet. We recommend you to test the end product for any specific requirements.

[Alan73] Batch number will be useful when we are going for mass production. Our production of our product may consists of TX1 module of different batches. When there is a surge in failure, with additional information will help to isolate the issue better.
    In the unlikely event that such a problem arises, our customer support team will be able to assist you in getting that information.

hi Alan73,

We add the Reliability section at the updated Jetson TX1 Module Data Sheet v1.1, which contains Temperature Humidity and MTBF information for your reference.

Thanks

Hi Kaycc
Above for TX1: “The recommended storage temperature range is -40C to 80C as specified in the module datasheet.” I think the preliminary data sheet had the same storage and operating temperature range -25 - +80C.
The TX2 data sheet shows the same temperature for both operating and storage temperature, -25C - +80C in section 6.1.

1. Is that a typo, since TX1 storage temperature is -40C?
  2. Is there a known failure mode if the module is stored below -40C?
    Thank you

Hi gerrymd3kqg,

Since the datasheet was published after I updated in topic, please follow the datasheet defined.

Thanks

OK, so are you saying the TX1 (-40 to _80C) has better cold storage specs than TX2 (-25 to +80C)?
Thank you

Hi gerrymd3kqg,

Not really, that’s the test condition we set for TX2 at that moment, not mean it can’t pass.
May I know your product requirement and use case for the low temperature?

Thanks

Hi Kaycc,
We are planning to use this in an enclosed outdoor applications that could potentially be colder even than -40C, but we will self certify that. I was concerned there was a reliability issue for lower than -25C.
Thank you