I'm having a problem installing USD Composer on my computer

Error occurred during installation of USD Composer: EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, symlink ‘F:\NVIDA\deps\70cbafa8c77d3ae7ab6164ded611b2e8’ → ‘F:\NVIDA\create-2022.3.3’

launcher.log (291.8 KB)

Would really appreciate some help. Thank you

@watsondebo a few questions - can you also talk about the machine specs? have you restarted OV Launcher since you got it installed? do you mind exiting OV through the system tray, try run the Launcher as admin and update to Composer 2023.1.1 to see if anything changes on your end?

Hi @Simplychenable, Sorry for the late reply,

I tried launching it as a Admin and updated the Composer, but I still get the same error even in the updating process. This error is across every NVIDA programs that I am trying to install. Composer, Machinima or Audio2Face. The only program that got installed was Omniverse Cache.

Here are my spec

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Dedicated Memory: 5968 MB

Hope these information can help you to solve my problem.

Thank you so much

thanks for the spec information. you’ve tried rebooting as well, correct? oh, and for the time being, until you are able to resolve the issue with the installation of the OV apps, let’s start the OV Launcher with admin privilege.

second thing is to check if you have antivirus or firewall setup. if so, try disabling them temporarily during the installation and try again.

there could be other things we can try but wanted to go through them one step at a time.

and just a side note, RTX 2060 might fall below the minimum spec listed in this technical requirement breakdown by OV apps (Composer, or what it used to be called as Create, has a minimum spec of RTX 3070). that said, it shouldn’t impact the installation that much; but, i just wanted to point that out in case you end up getting performance bottleneck once we get over the hump with the install.