IMU Plug-in development Question

When possible, please provide the following info:
Software Version: [Example: DRIVE Software 10]
Host Machine Version: [Example: native Ubuntu 18.04]
SDK Manager Version: [Example: 1.1.0]

Question, I’m trying to develop IMU (inertial sensor) Plug-in to be used in Nvidia Drive platform. My IMU sensor has CAN interface.

1. my Question, should I need to develop 2 plug-in, one for CAN interface, other for IMU sensor ?

2. or do you have CAN interface plug-in which I can use for my IMU product ?

Dear @rkomarabathuni,
Did you check file:///usr/local/driveworks-2.2/doc/nvsdk_html/dwx_imu_plugin_sample.html ? It implements a sensor driver for a CAN-based IMU using the comprehensive sensor plugin framework. I hope you are looking for a similar sensor.

@SivaRamaKrishnaNV thanks for the reply. @rkomarabathuni and I work together.

Correct me if I am wrong, sample_IMU_plugin reads UART interfaced IMU.
I found this CAN_plugin_sample that reads CAN data from .can file. It uses a decoder.so file. Where can I find code for decoder.so file.

Also, I was looking at a sample code (sample_canbus_interpreter) and used it to read data from the CAN bus virtual interface and parse it using myown.dbc file. I am not sure how to connect all these pieces together and provide data to SAL.

Can you simplify some of these things for us in a paragraph or so?, it Will be a great help. We are trying to implement plugin for our CAN based IMU.

Edit: I was just watching the Webinar and it talks about implementing dwSensorPlugin APIs. The decoder.so is library created from compiling the plugin that we are going to create, question is how do I read CAN data? Also, in one of the plugin sample I see there is an API to set function table. do I need to return the function table too.
I need your help to put all this in perspective if you would.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rishit