Jetbot from Waveshare is moving too fast

Hi. Recently I buyed Jetbot AI kit from Waveshare.

We need this bot for line following, however IA doesn’t work since the speed of the motors seems too high (if I decrease the speed below a soil, the robot stops immediately, so I need to keep speed high in order to not going under the soil).

My question is: my robot is somehow broken or is a common problem of the Waveshare kit? Road following and collision avoidance examples seems to be unusable.

Thanks in advance

Hi asantangelo90,

Please check below link if can gain some ideas:

Sorry for my english, by ‘soil’ i meant ‘threshold’. So to recap: my problem is that the motors run too fast, and i cannot slow down the robot enough. If i decrease speed under a 25% threshold, the motors stop. Any ideas why?

Hi, I bought the Waveshare Jetbot AI kit last week and have the same problem. I have looked at Kayccc link and replaced the Jetbot files from Nvidea with those from Waveshare. The motors continue to run fast at 0.3 speed (as in the basic motion example) and when I reduce the speed to 0.2 the bot stops. The Waveshare bot does not drive as smoots as the bot on Nvidea Jetson fundamentals videos. Do you have any other suggestions to make the Waveshare Jetbot drive more slowly? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi wittecactus3,

Please contact with Waveshare support.