Jetson AGX Orin Flashing Issues

Hi @david.berger

Please forget about dmesg at this moment. if you still want to know about it then you can still google search it

I think you might misunderstand something here. Your issue looks not same as previous folks in this thread. Please click the button “EXPORT LOGS” on your sdkmanager and attach the full log so that I can check what is exactly happened.

BTW, I remember you filed topic few days ago and said your board is a custom board… if so, then sdkmanager may not be able to flash it… please confirm if this is still the same case…

Hi @WayneWWW

thanks for the help. I will send you the export logs soon.

Regarding the custom board case: Yes, this is the same case. In the meanwhile I figured out with Auvidea that there is a Pico Blade connector in the board that can be used for flashing. Therefore I built a USB to pico blade adapter to connect it to the host. It seems to work in general, as the SDK manager recognizes the board with the startup menu.

I attached the last log file here.
SDKM_logs_2023-03-22_13-51-27.zip (157.7 KB)

Hi @david.berger ,

Please start from flashing the internal emmc first instead of flashing nvme.
I could explain why to try this later.

1 Like

By the way, I just restarted the SDK manager and got the notice that there is a new release that fixes issues with flashing to NVMe storage…I chose to update this

Hi again @WayneWWW,

I just now tried to flash to emmc, but it still doesn’t work. I attached the logs again.

I hope you can figure out something to solve it…

SDKM_logs_2023-03-22_14-22-39.zip (170.3 KB)

Ok, unfortunately the emmc log looks same as the guys in previous thread.

dmesg is a command to dump kernel log on ubuntu machine. You can try it on your ubuntu 20.04 first. Open a console and then enter “dmesg”.

Please dump the log before and after the flash failure issue and share me if there is any diff.

I just tried it again and checked the dmesg log before and after trying to flash. There is no difference in the log, so it doesn’t seem to catch this issue…

Do you think I should install ubuntu 18.04?

Ok, sorry that please install ubuntu 18.04. This is still unknown issue to us.

Could you share what host machine you are using ? Is it also one from DELL?

Ok, I will try it with 18.04. then and let you know afterwards. The host machine is an hp laptop where I am booting from a USB stick which has ubuntu on it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.