KDE Neon 22.04 error "No available releases for host OS: neon22.04"

KDE Neon based on Ubuntu 22.04. Ubuntu 22.04 is LTS.
Why it does not supported by your SDK Manager?!
What’s the problem!?

I use KDE on my Ubuntu 18.04 PC, which works. It isn’t KDE which fails, it is Ubuntu 22.04 with that particular release. JetPack/SDKM 4.x is intended to run on an Ubuntu 18.04 host PC. JetPack/SDKM 5.x can run on an Ubuntu 20.04 PC for Jetsons (but Xavier or newer, not TX2). Although JetPack/SDKM can run on Ubuntu 22.04, this is only for the Drive products, not Jetsons.

So okay, what’s the problem for nVidia to update the SDK to be usable on Ubuntu 22.04 for TX2 ?
It’s insane when the only problem is the host you are running on…
“intended to run on an Ubuntu 18.04 host PC” yeah because it’s using Python 2.7!
Ain’t so hard for such a big company to patch it to Python 3 I guess…

It isn’t actually SDKM which can’t operate on 22.04. SDKM does work on 22.04, but it is used with a lot of products, including the Drive line. JetPack/SDKM is only a front end to the actual flash software, and it is the flash software which was not updated to the newer o/s for a TX2. The TX2 is actually end of life so far as new features go, and has been for some time. It only reached install of Ubuntu 18.04 to the TX2 during the time when it was still receiving new features. The Ubuntu 18.04 host PC is because it is using 18.04 tools to create 18.04 content as an image prior to flashing to the TX2.

The most recent Jetson is the Orin. Currently, this and Xavier have flash tools up to install of Ubuntu 20.04. Thus, even the most recent Jetsons can only install using an Ubuntu 20.04 host PC since the flash software underlying this use 20.04 tools to create the 20.04 content.

I agree that SDKM could be made more modular, something I would like to do (if I had access to JetPack/SDKM source) would be to abstract the install PC requirements. One could for example say that “we need ext4 tools with certain options, so can we test and find out if the current host passes this test? If yes, then the host is ok.” There are of course other options to test for, such as whether the host PC can run the right QEMU when using cross-package tools. It isn’t as simple as it sounds, but it sure would make life easier for the NVIDIA developers if they only had to port features instead of everything in order to make a newer PC release usable for flashing. I think if I had a chance to work on that I might even be able to make it work with Fedora (in the past I’ve used Fedora on command line).

Incidentally, Ubuntu 22.04 should work for command line flash. There is less checking when not using the GUI front end. However, download and install is entirely manual. Also, there are “extra package” install features which are not included in command line flash. Optional packages, e.g., CUDA, are not actually installed during flash. Once a flash completes it automatically reboots, and once first boot account setup is complete, then those optional packages are installed over ssh (which is not part of the flash software).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.