KL15 connector power on/off wakeup functionality

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
[+] NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[+] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[+] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[+] 1.7.1.8928
other

Host Machine Version
[+] native Ubuntu 18.04
other
Hello, I am installing Nvidia Drive AGX on vehicle, and on the vehicle harness there are 2 plugs for powering :

1. KL30 which will be powered by the vehicle battery and
  2. KL15 Banana plug that is supposed to be plugged to simulate “turning the ignition switch to the On position”& this plug should be fed 12V when the car is on.

How do we make use of this signal coming from KL15 plug?
I would like the AGX Xavier to turn on when the KL15 Banana plug circuit is closed and then turn off when the circuit is open i.e. wakeup functionality of KL15 plug.

The hardware installation document specifies “This feature needs software support before it is functional.”

So wanted to know whether this functionality is currently supported by the software as it is nowhere mentioned in the documents, and if it is not supported then what is the safest approach to turn off the AGX system on vehicle?

Dear @saurabh.sinalkar,
Could you check if How to power off Xavier when ignition (KL15) is off helps?

1 Like

I have checked the post, according to it

1. Software programmability to modify the control of the KL15 is not yet available with the SDK, so is there is any update to this whether it is enabled in the latest version of the sdk?
  2. For turning off system through aurix microcontroller, do we need to connect via minicom to issue aurix poweroff command on aurix shell is this the correct way to do this?

Dear @saurabh.sinalkar,

1. No
  2. Yes
1 Like