Nano to connect to Mobile app

Hi, I want to establish communication between the mobile devices and Jetson nano. This is required when i want to start up recording, the instructions should come from Mobile app. Also, the same interface be used to upload video to mobile app once done with recording.
Could you please suggest available options?

Hi,

I think using a Ethernet communication is the simplest way, you can add a basic HTTP server in Nano side and use a request as a command. Also you can use a request to receive the video recorded.

Could you take a look at GstD - Building GStreamer Daemon. This is a media server that can be controlled via Ethernet, could be useful for your video recording.

Regards.

Thanks @ManuelLeiva . But, what is the device component have you used for communication. I mean, something similar to WiFi direct? For us, the downside is, we won’t be having router in production environment, the mobile device need to directly connect to Nano using any of wireless communication.

Hi,
I understand, you need a completely direct connection (no router), I am not familiar with the Wi-Fi Direct development but it is an interesting option to explore.

Using other boards with build-in Wifi and bluetooth I have established a direct connection between the board and a mobile device. You can use bluez lib to control the bluetooth from the board. Using Wifi you can configure in the board an access point to establish a direct connection.

But since the Jetson Nano doesn’t have a built-in Wifi/bluetooth module I am not sure if this configuration is possible using an adapter. (Jetson NX has Wifi and Bluetooth)

Regards.

Thanks a lot @ManuelLeiva for response.

I am looking for similar solution as you had mentioned. With Wifi connected, I want to establish peer-to-peer communication between my mobile device and Jetson Nano for two way communication. Could you please share the detailed steps on how this can be achieved.

Hi,

If a client-server network works for you, you could use hostapd service to configure an access point and dnsmasq to Configure the DHCP services for the wireless network, I don’t have detailed steps of the configurations, but in the past I have used these links:

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.