New member wanting to know where to start

Hi all,

I’ve just joined up and would be so grateful if anyone could guide me on where to start.
I’ve got some basic Python skills including Django, I’m also an A.I enthusiast. I would like to know where I could start in learning about the Omniverse and how I could contribute.
I have downloaded the omniverse launcher, the Omiverse Drive and Cache from the exchange apps section but don’t know what else I will need in terms of apps and connectors

Thanks for your responses in advance.
PB

2 Likes

Welcome to the Omniverse, @PeddleBoy ! Here’s some great advice my colleague recently posted to another user just getting started:

In the Learn tab of the launcher go through the top Playlist to cover the basics. Install a local Nucleus server and try samples from the NVIDIA mount (it will be in your Nucleus once installed). Then hit the official Discord or forums for additional help. NVIDIA will be working on curriculum content in 2022, so for now it’s docs and videos.

Here’s the video playlist for Omniverse Basics: Playlist | TYPE - Omniverse Foundations | NVIDIA On-Demand

We recently held our 2nd User Group meeting at GTC in November, and covered latest news as well as the roadmap: https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/omniverse-user-group-spotlights-talented-community-members/

Regarding development on the Omniverse platform, check out NVIDIA’s Damien Fagnou’s latest announcement on Omniverse Code: Damien Fagnou on LinkedIn: Omniverse Code 2022.1

As mentioned above, you are welcome to join the official Omniverse Discord server to chat with other users: NVIDIA Omniverse

Welcome to the community!

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-omniverse-tutorials).

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

1 Like

Hi @PeddleBoy,
It is great that you have python skills along with an interest in AI. I really see how digital twinning can lead to using AI for real world optimization. I have some creative ideas for using Isaac Sim and also for Omnigraph (using Omnigraph to make notes on using Python) if you are interested.
On discord (Discord)
there is a #find-a-team channel. You can find me there also [Zia_Ideas] or some variant of. Hope to see you there!
Cheers,
Zia