No boot Jetson nano 2GB devkit

Jetson model : P3541
SD Card : 128 GB
AC Supply : USB-C phone adapter 5V 3A

After several attempts (sd card formating on both Linux and Windows (several sd image tried), display and headless mode, sdkmanager attempt to link to the board), i still can’t get my jetson nano to move from the initial NVIDIA logo.

I didn’t manage to get to first boot and after crawling through this forum i still haven’t find any solution.

Thanks for the help.

So it does how the flash successfully? Any log can be as reference?
What’s the JetPack verson you flashed? What’s your host PC Ubuntu version?

The sdkmanager does’nt recognize the board (no board found).

No log as the board isn’t recognized.

I am under ubuntu 20.04.

Yours is Nano 2GB devkit, sugget to have Ubuntu 18.04 as your host PC version, you can follow the Getting Started with Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit | NVIDIA Developer or to do a full reflash by JetPack.

In the official doc, Ubuntu 20.04 is supported for SDK manager so i don’t think downgrading to 18.04 is the solution ? And the sdk manager can’t be executed on a live USB i guess.
When i connect the Jetson to my PC to link with sdkManager:

• Is the SD card must be inserted (if yes with an Image ? or blank formated in exFAT for example).
  • I connect both USB-C for Power and Micro USB for data link, am i correct ?
    No /deb/ttyAMCxxx is created in the /dev folder.

Thanks

Sdkmanager can run on ubuntu20.04, but it can only flash xavier and Orin on ubuntu 20.04.

Only 18.04 and 16.04 can flash jetson nano. That was why we asked for 18.04.

→ Is the SD card must be inserted (if yes with an Image ? or blank formated in exFAT for example)

Yes, sdcard is needed but the data on it would be formatted so you don’t need to pre configure anything on it.

→ * I connect both USB-C for Power and Micro USB for data link, am i correct ? No /deb/ttyAMCxxx is created in the /dev folder.

/dev/ttyACMx would only appear after you device is booting into ubuntu system. Obviously, it is not, so that interface won’t show up.

Also, the post is labeled with solution because you didn’t reply for a while so it will automatically got labeled.

Thank you for your fast answer, i will try to install 18.04 on some host.

I was hopeful that this procedure was indeed what i needed as a solution, but yet on Ubuntu 18.04 and with the latest sdkmanager version, the same problem, the board is not detected by the SDKmanager.
I have tried several boards (all P3541model, all the same problem).

Just want to confirm, do you know that you have to put your board into recovery mode so that sdkamanger can detect it?

Well, i thought this step was only for the 4GB version with the barrel jack powered.
I will therefore buy jumper cable in order to do that.
Thanks for your reply.

Hello,
I have managed to connect the Jetson to the SDKManager but there is an error i can’t identify while installing JetPack.
Here is the full log.
Do you have any idea on this error while installation ?

Install Jetson - JetPack 4.6.2 Linux for Jetson Nano modules - finished failed
Failure root cause: Failed Component ID: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS#32.7. Error Code: 1011. Error: Failed to execute commands with GenericInstaller.

sdkm-2022-10-24-16-26-14.log (443.0 KB)

This disk needs to use ext4 partition. “/media/hugo-kingston/MyPassport/”

16:36:54.468 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: ||||||||||||||||||||||| ERROR |||||||||||||||||||||||
16:36:54.469 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: -----------------------------------------------------
16:36:54.469 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: 1. The root filesystem, provided with this package,
16:36:54.470 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS:    has to be extracted to this directory:
16:36:54.476 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS:    /media/hugo-kingston/MyPassport/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.6.2_Linux_JETSON_NANO_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
16:36:54.476 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: -----------------------------------------------------
16:36:54.476 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: 2. The root filesystem, provided with this package,
16:36:54.477 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS:    has to be extracted with 'sudo' to this directory:
16:36:54.477 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS:    /media/hugo-kingston/MyPassport/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.6.2_Linux_JETSON_NANO_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
16:36:54.477 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: -----------------------------------------------------
16:36:54.479 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: Consult the Development Guide for instructions on
16:36:54.479 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: extracting and flashing your device.
16:36:54.479 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
16:36:54.480 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: [ Package Install Finished with Error ]
16:36:54.582 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: [host] [ 66.48 MB used. Disk Avail: 6.68 GB ]
16:36:54.583 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS: [ NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP Install took 7m31s ]
16:36:54.593 - info: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP@JETSON_NANO_TARGETS:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.