No USB-C port on Custom Xavier Carrier Board

Hi,
We have sourced a third party carrier board with a Jetson AGX Xavier Module that only has a Micro-USB port for configuration and two display ports (Instead of HDMI). I have been able to put the board into recovery mode and successfully flash the Module with Jetpack 4.4 DP LINUX FOR JETSON AGX XAVIER. The problem is there is no output to the display ports when i reset the device to get to the User configuration screen, and there is not USB-C port to access. The micro-usb shows up on my host computer in lsusb as:
Bus 001 Device 019: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.

and dmesg shows it connected as:

[ 5675.072952] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 19 using xhci_hcd
[ 5675.221664] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0955, idProduct=7019
[ 5675.221671] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 5675.221675] usb 1-1: Product: APX
[ 5675.221679] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: NVIDIA Corp.

My question is, does the jetpack software automatically detect what ports the Carrier board has and configures them appropriately or do I need to get a custom configuration file from the Manufacture to enable displayports?
Is there another way to access the user configuration screen not via screen?

Thanks.

Well,

Actually you are asking several questions here…

1. There is no “automatically detect”. Every custom carrier board needs to go under the adaptation and bring up by modifying the device tree configuration. So you have to ask your vendor to provide the package for you to flash.

2. Is there another way to access the user configuration screen not via screen?

Yes, it is. Please connect usb cable to the flash port of your device and run serial console tool on /dev/ttyACM0 on your host. You shall see the oem-config.

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your reply. I was able to get into contact with the vendor and get the device tree configuration off them and now have it working.
It seems without the Device tree file flashed on the machine, and because the vendor used a micro-usb instead of USB-C, /dev/ttyACM0 didnt show up at all on the host machine.

HI,

The oem-config should show on the flash port. It should not matter it is a typeC or micro-usb.
Please make sure you are connecting the usb cable on the port you used to flash the device.