NSIGHT Graphics (2021.5.1.0) can't connect to process

I would like to profile my frame execution however when I try to use NSIGHT Graphics for that it gets stuck printing out “Searching for attachable processes on localhost:49152-49216…”.

To debug the issue I tried to do the same with the “vkcube.exe” that ships with VulkanAPI. I set the path and the executable in the NSIGHT, click “Launch”. Everything else is set to default values including the “Connection” being set to “localhost”. The app runs correctly, but NSIGHT still has issues connecting:

Preparing to launch...
Launched process: vkcube.exe (pid: 11232)
C:/VulkanSDK/1.2.154.1/Bin/vkcube.exe 
Attempting to automatically connect...
Searching for attachable processes on localhost:49152-49216...

I did try to check what port the app opens, so netstat -a -b revealed:

[vkcube.exe]
  TCP    0.0.0.0:49664          RADON:0                LISTENING

Is there a way to force both the NSIGHT Graphics and the process it launches to use a certain port or port range?

Hello,
thank you for using Nsight Graphics and sorry you ran into this issue. Are you still having this issue? If so, can you try with the latest Nsight Graphics package here NVIDIA Nsight Graphics | NVIDIA Developer, and let us know if you still see this issue.

Hi,

It still happens with the latest NSIGHT Graphics, but I found the option to specify the base port in the settings (not sure if that was there before) and after changing it everything works. It seems it was a port conflict.

Hello,
Good to hear you are past this issue now and resolved what seems to be a port conflict.
Regards,