Nvidia driver devices for Pegasus

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
[*] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[*] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
[*] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[*] 1.8.0.10363
other

Host Machine Version
[*] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

(base) nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall
[sudo] password for nvidia: 
No drivers found for installation.

I need to install CUDA and nvidia-drivers for using with Pytorch.
How and what version should I install?

Hi @raji

CUDA and nvidia drivers are installed by SDK Manager. But Pytorch isn’t officially tested and supported on DRIVE AGX.

Pytorch is not able to find CUDA or drivers. How to ensure it?

What messages did you see?

The below command returned false.

torch.cuda.is_available()

As I said, pytorch isn’t official supported on DRIVE.
Installing PyTorch for Jetson Platform :: NVIDIA Deep Learning Frameworks Documentation is for PyTorch on Jetson. FYI.

@VickNV , Actually I’m able to run PyTorch CPU but unable to use CUDA version of it.

In the process I installed wrong nvidia-drivers and as a result my gdm3 display is broke.
After many hours of trying I’m unable to fix it. I think I need to install the right drivers to get my screen display back. My problem is similar to what is mentioned here: Fixing a Broken Ubuntu GUI. Lessons learned from bad driver… | by Normaler Mensch | Towards Data Science

Is there any way to use PyTorch CUDA on Pegasus?

If this topic is about gdm3 troubleshooting, you may need to check its debug information or something like that. Or you can just reflash the system with SDK Manager.

Could you please help me with the version of nvidia-driver I need to install for my configuration?
Re-flashing will take significant time,

The GPU driver comes bundled with DRIVE OS. The nvidia-driver package isn’t the correct driver and won’t work - it’s the PCIe driver, whereas the DRIVE AGX’s integrated GPU uses a userspace driver provided by DRIVE OS.