Omniverse keeps filling up my c: drive

Hello Nvidia,

I have omniverse cache installed, and pointing at a drive I have plenty of space on. However, loading large scenes keeps filling up my c:\ drive with mostly texture cache data in C:\Users.…\AppData\Local\ov\cache\texturecache

is there anyway to redirect this to another location? ( and ideally limit that amount of data allowed to be cached)

Thanks,
Koen

2 Likes

Hi @koen2. Let me check with the dev team to see if they have some guidance on this.

I have the same issue.
Is it safe to manually delete the textures in this cache?

Hi. Sorry for the delay. The team has chasing up a few additional questions around this. Should hopefully have an answer soon.

There is a new version of Nucleus and Cache coming soon (Nucleus 2023.1.0). This includes a new Cache cleaner service Cache on Workstations — Omniverse Utilities documentation (nvidia.com)

When enabled, this will automatically clean up your Kit based caches.

One thing to keep in mind for caches, the cache location in this page only changes the Nucleus cache path. If you would like to update where your Kit based caches are, you’ll need to currently update the omniverse.toml file located in your user .nvidia-omniverse/config/ directory.

In the [paths] section of the omniverse.toml you’ll need to add or modify the cache_root to be the location you’d like the kit cache to go (i.e. cache_root = "D:\\OV_Cache")

@dlindsey
so, Can I store kit-based caches on a remote cache server?

No, this is not supported.