Ubuntu Focal, Jetson TX2, SDK Manager no available releases

I am attempting to use SDK Manager 1.7.3-9053 on an ubuntu Focal Desktop host to setup a Jetson TX2. The SDK Manager GUI authenticates my credentials and finds the TX2 on the USB. However, the Target Operating System section shows “No available releases” and doesn’t offer any options or guidance.

The SDK Manager Requirements page clearly states this combination is supported. I’m following Install Jetson software with SDK Manager.

What am I missing?

$ dpkg --list sdkmanager
ii  sdkmanager                                 1.7.3-9053                          amd64        NVIDIA SDK Manager

$ uname -a
Linux bill-focal 5.4.0-107-generic #121-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 24 16:04:27 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS \n \l

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Release:        20.04
Codename:       focal

Hello Bill,

This looks to be related to an outage that we are having with our CDN. Unfortunately we don’t have an ETA for when this will be fixed. I will post back here when we have resolved the problem.

Thanks for your patience.
Tom K

OK, thanks for the info.
While we wait for the CDN, can you confirm that I can use the SDK Manager 1.7.3 on an ubuntu Focal 20.04 host to provision a Jetson TX2?

By the way, if I am actually experiencing a CDN issue, it would be very helpful if the SDK Manager gave some indication like “unable to retrieve packages” or something similar.

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately I am not an expert on the SDKM. One of our engineers can answer that question. Thanks for the feedback.

Hello,

I am happy to report that all assets have been reloaded and are now available for download. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Tom K

Even though the Nvidia assets are again available, I’m still getting the “No available releases for Ubuntu20.04” from SDK Manager 1.7.3.9053 running on an ubuntu Desktop 20.04 amd64 host, with a USB OTG connection to the Jetson TX2.

I have met the requirements from NVIDIA SDK MANAGER System Requirements.

What else am I missing?

For Jetson platform, the Ubuntu host needs to be 18.04. We haven’t support Ubuntu 20.04 yet.

OK, that’s good to know. Please correct SDK Manager System Requirements

We have a Note there: “Please refer to the system requirements for the specific DRIVE, Jetson, Clara Holoscan, Rivermax, DOCA, or Ethernet Switch product release you are installing. While SDK Manager supports the above host operating systems, you need to verify the SDK package supports the host OS; the requirements are set by the SDK package you are installing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.