Unable to launch “/usr/bin/startlxde”

I have a similar problem I follow the user method, and it does not resolve my issue of mine.

It seems like many users experienced it in the past.

sudo apt-get install lxde
E: Unable to locate package lxde

sudo apt-get install --reinstall lxsession
Package lxsession is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
lxlock lxsession-edit lxpolkit lxsession-logout lxde-settings-daemon
lxsession-data
E: Package ‘lxsession’ has no installation candidate

I think the last successful login was May 17 2022. since then, I have been using headless to develop.
jetson_apt-get_upgrade_20220517.txt (10.1 KB)

If other method can’t resolve the problem, then suggest to do a full reflash by SDK manager to the latest JetPack version, but sure with Ubuntu 18.04 host PC.

What is the latest JP version?
What are the steps?
What are the consequences? all development setups are gone?

See:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/jetson-nano-2gb-wont-boot-beyond-nvidia-splash-screen/220018/5

You would lose all content and start “fresh”. You could, however, clone first, and then you’d have a copy of what you started with.

I don’t know if this is always true, but I think startlxde is usually present by default (at least on the semi-older releases). I don’t know what went wrong on your Jetson, but I saw a web search mentioning installing “lxde-common”. You might try to “sudo apt-get install --reinstall lxde-common” (I am just guessing, but it is worth trying).

Thanks, I will try other days. busy at the moment and update if any good progress.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.