Unreal Engine 5.2 DLSS 3 Frame Generation Plugin News?

Hello,
when can we expect the (promised) UE 5.2 DLSS Frame Generation Plugin for easy integration?

1 Like

Hello @nik1987adams and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums!

We are aware of the huge interest in DLSS-FG for UE 5.2, but unfortunately there is no download yet and no ETA on availability.

Trust me, everyone here wants to enable all the great creators out there. We just don’t have anything we can share right now.

I can only recommend you sign up for notifications and watch our download page.

Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

As developers, we are all really anxious to unleash the amazing power of our NVIDIA graphics cards through DLSS 3. I currently ran a project in the 5.0 version of Unreal and the DLSS plugin made all the difference. We have transferred our project to Unreal Engine 5.2 for many features but we really can’t wait for DLSS 3 to be available for us. Thank you for enabling all of us here at RXINC to create amazing digital art for the world.

Hi - any updates on an ETA given the NVIDIA InsideUnreal session demo’ing DLSS3 with Unreal 5.2?

Welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums @cipactli18 and @dagillespie!

What Richard showed in Inside Unreal was a developer build. After that we still throw a lot of testing at the plugin before we dare make it public.

Even if I start sounding like a broken record, I can only repeat what Richard said in the Stream: “Soon”.

2 Likes

Out now: https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/now-available-nvidia-dlss-3-for-unreal-engine-5/

3 Likes

Thank You for posting the link. Can’t wait to dive deeper into this tech.

I noticed that in the release notes it states that frame generation doesn’t work in the Unreal Editor viewport. Is there a reason for that? It seems that particular feature would be quite beneficial for viewport performance.

Hello @LRPLighting and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

Great to hear that you are digging into DLSS 3!

I think Richard explains this rather well in this video where he goes into detail what changed in UE from 5.0 to 5.1. Some of those changes conflicted with the DLSS integration causing this restriction. I hope it is not too inconvenient for you.

Thanks!

1 Like

I posted an issue with DLSS 3 Frame Generation in 5.2 Unreal Engine 5.2 DLSS-G (Frame Generation) 'Set DLSS-G Mode' is broken

Not quite perfect :P but at least the DLSS 3 and NIS works well!

Thank You Markus, and completely understand that software conflicts can cause problems with integration.

Don’t mean to go beyond the scope of this thread, but now I’m wondering about other possible conflicts when it comes to integrating nvidia tech into Unreal. For example, is RTXGI 2.0 with NRC going to be possible within the nvrtx branch?

The dedicated NvRTX branches are trying to combine all NVIDIA specific features. As long as it is an NVIDIA SDK we make sure they inter-work correctly. If they don’t please let us know!

1 Like