Visual Profiler Error Check browser

I have a problem with my NVVP. After running a successful analysis of my kernel, I wanted to know more, so I clicked More… on the lower left corner of the screen, say having selected Kernel Memory under the Analysis tab.

It shows a dialog box with this error sentence:

“Could not open a web browser because there are none configure. Check the Web Browser preferences.”

How can I solve this? I truly need to know MORE External Image

I’m running Ubuntu 11.10 with kernel 3.2.1 and Cuda 4.1 w/ driver 295.20.

TY for your time.

andradx

I am running kubuntu 10.04. sudo apt-get install eclipse solved the problem.

TY Dr. Sys, solving my problem with nvvp, on your first post.

I was hoping for kernel detailed profile info, not the nvvp guidelines. But it’s always good to be reminded of those, it’s been a long time since CUDA manuals have been my bedside books.

Open a second session. Then go back to the first session, click on the “Settings” tab, and you should see a lot more choices for profiler counters to enable. There seems to be a bug in nvvp under Linux that these are not shown straight away.

EDIT: Funnily enough, just now that I am trying to write a bug report, I can’t reproduce the problem anymore. Previously it happened every time, so much that my brain would automatically open the second session when opening nvvp. Now I cannot trigger the behavior even a single time, and I can’t think of any change that would explain this.