Camera constantly drifts

When I launch Create, any perspective camera constantly and slowly drifts to the right. Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

By any chance do you have a gamepad or similar controller connected to your PC? If so, try unplugging it.

Thank you for the reply. No gamepad attached. Just mouse, keyboard, webcam, mic. Strange thing is that it eventually stops, but no idea why.

That is very odd. We’ve seen this sort of thing happen with some controllers. Maybe you have some sort of virtual controller in the system.

I’ll forward this along to the team.

Hi @joe.raasch! I have directed the Create team to this forum post. In the meantime, can we have some more information so that we can troubleshoot this?

What is your Computer Environment (OS, GPU, GPU Driver)?
What is the version of the app you are running?
Does this happen every time you launch View?
Can you send over your console logs?

What is your Computer Environment (OS, GPU, GPU Driver)?
Windows 10, 3080, 462.31

What is the version of the app you are running?

Does this happen every time you launch View?
It did. I saw I had a Windows update and after that, it seems to be working fine. Haven’t had the issue since.

Can you send over your console logs?
I’d be happy to, is there a doc that shows how?

Spoke to soon. Just opened Audio2Face for the first time (2021.2.3) and the camera does the same thing, slight rotation when it should be still.

This does sound odd. Here is a video of the A2F 2021.2.3 startup and there are no slight rotation as you describe. The zoom and shift you see in the character head for A2F was a custom code to reposition the character after startup to focus on the template. But no slight rotation.

Can you record a video to show what it looks like on your end? It would really help. Thanks.

I just tried it now and of course, it’s fine. If it happens again I’ll be sure to record it.

1 Like

haha, yes always like that :) pls let us know when you see it again!

I was able to see it happen again, this time with Machinima. You can see it at this link:

I launch Machinima, camera starts to drift.

Great catch and great video showing the problem.

We will take a look and see what is going on. Thanks.

@DaneTrain for vis