Could not see ARS430 multicast packets with sudo tcpdump -i eth0

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
[*] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[*] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
[*] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
[*] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello Nvidia folks,

I connected an ARS430 radar to one of the 100BASE-T1 HSD ports but did not see any radar packets if I do a tcpdump on eth0.

I am sure the ARS430 radar itself is working fine, if connected it to a laptop via E3579, on the laptop I can see multicast UDP packets sent from radar in tcpdump output.

I am also sure the HSD port works for unicast traffic because I can ping XavierA from a laptop via E3579 (both configured with IPs in same network).

I have read most of the posts regarding to ars430 configuration but haven’t yet got any luck.

I have also followed the network configuration in the radar replay sample but did not get radars packets.

My understanding is that even if I don’t bring up the vlan eth0:900 and set up the routing, I should be able to tcpdump eth0 and see those multicast packets on the physical interface? Correct me if I am wrong.

I guess there is something odd (vlan config, port mapping?) on those marvel and NXP Ethernet switches but I don’t know how to check. Are there special firmwares running on those chips?

BTW all my work is on XavierA.

Please advise! Thank you!

Dear @ranchen ,
I have also followed the network configuration in the radar replay sample but did not get radars packets

Does that mean, the sample is not working? Could you share the log of sample_radar_replay with ARS430?

What is the FW version on Radar?

Hi Siva,

I haven’t tried radar replay sample yet, I think first thing first I need to see the packets on eth0.
The radar firmware I have is BETA-209.

Thank you!

Hi @ranchen ,

Please check below note from https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-driveworks-35-linux-release-notes. Thanks.

I see, thank you Vick!

1 Like