Create and Nucleus crash for several reasons

Hi everyone! I’ve been working on the Omniverse platform for SmartCow AI Technologies for the past nine months- overall, great stuff! But one of my biggest ‘roadblocks’ at the moment is that my team has been working on a somewhat large scene and we frequently experience crashes for some of these reasons:

• Importing/Exporting .FBX or .OBJ files
  • Capturing screenshots using the MovieCapture extension while using PathTracing
  • Loading files from Nucleus or exporting to Nucleus
  • General scene changes, such as modifying parameters, re-parenting tree items, etc.

Even on low resource consumption states, we seem to encounter these events.

We’re running Create version 2022.1.4, and the workstation specs are as follows:

CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core I5 - 11400F @2.60 GHz 6 cores
RAM: 16GB
STORAGE: 1TB SSD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (12GB)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hello @natalia1! I am really happy to hear that you are enjoying Omniverse! You’ve reported several issues that you are experiencing and I’d like to make sure that each one gets addressed. The problem that I have is that I need to get as much information from you, as possible, so that I can direct these to the right people on the development team. My first question is, Do you have an Enterprise Account?

You can take a look at this post on how to get the information from your system: How to Report an issue with Omniverse

I need to know what programs and versions you are using as well as the steps you are taking that result in a crash. We want to see if we can reproduce these issues on our side so that we can identify where the problem so that we can fix it!

For crashes, please zip and attach your full logs found here: C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

Hi @WendyGram , thanks so much for your quick response! With regards to our Omniverse Account, we’re currently on an Individual Account, but we’re investigating moving towards an Enterprise account depending on the traction we receive.

I’ve attached my most recent crash logs just to give some further information.
logs.zip (2.1 MB)

We’re running Create version 2022.1.4, and the workstation specs are as follows:

CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core I5 - 11400F @2.60 GHz 6 cores
RAM: 16GB
STORAGE: 1TB SSD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (12GB)

Crashes usually happen when performing tasks such as:

• Importing/Exporting .FBX or .OBJ files
  • Capturing screenshots using the MovieCapture extension and/or while using PathTracing
  • Loading files from Nucleus or exporting to Nucleus
  • General scene changes, such as modifying parameters, re-parenting tree items, etc.

Thanks for the support!