Drive PX2 Sensor Calibration

I would like to calibrate multiple sensors on a Drive PX 2 system - 4 Velodyne VLP16 lidar sensors, and 6 cameras mounted in different orientations facing the front, sides, and back of the car. I’ll need coordinate transforms relating the different sensors to one another. How would you recommend performing this calibration? Is there a tool or software library you’d recommend using?

Dear brain-wang,
We have provided calibration tools as part of DW. Please take a look at calibration tutorial in DW 1.2 documentation(/usr/local/driveworks/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_camera_calibration.html)

Thanks. Is it possible to calibrate a lidar sensor to a camera with this tool? (i.e. get a transformation matrix that would project lidar points into the image frame). From looking at the documentation, I’m not sure whether this is possible.

Dear brian-wang,

Unfortunately, the tool is only for camera calibration not lidar. Thanks.

Got it. Thanks for the info!

Dear brian-wang,

Could you please refer to “LIDAR Self-Calibration” & “Lidar Calibration Sample” in DW doc? Thanks.

I’m not seeing the lidar calibration sample in /usr/local/driveworks/bin. This is on a PX2 with version 5.0.5.0bl of the DriveWorks SDK. Is the lidar calibration samples on a newer version of the SDK, or only on the AGX?

Dear brian-wang,

Could you please update DPX2 PDK to the latest version(5.0.10.3) using sdkmanger tool?
And then you can find the part in DriveWorks doc directory. Thanks.