IMU integration with AGX Xavier

Greetings everyone,

I’ve been working with the AGX Xavier board for a few weeks and I’m now looking to integrate an IMU sensor (ICM20602) via the SPI interface. Despite searching, I couldn’t find any available kernel driver for the IMU sensor. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed with the integration.

If anyone has access to driver code for the ICM20602 sensor or can provide guidance on how to develop a driver, it would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hi billakurthi.sivasai,

Are you using the devkit or custom board for AGX Xavier?
What’s your Jetpack version in use?

Have you verified the SPI interface before using IMU sensor?

It’s a 3rd-party module.
Do you ask you vendor for any porting guide/driver for this IMU sensor?

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for the immediate response. To answer your questions, yeah we are working on the devkit AGX Xavier and the current jetpack version is 5.1.1-b56 and the kernel version is 5.10.104-tegra.
Yeah the SPI interface on the Xavier works fine.
No still we haven’t contacted the vendor for any porting related documents. But found that the icm sensor provides a sdk/software for a few particular boards. So we would like to know if there are any possible ways for establishing the SPI communication between the AGX Xavier and icm20602 sensor.
Thank you

We would suggest you asking for the related porting guide/driver/device tree configuration for you IMU sensor.

I’m not sure if the following driver is available for your ICM20602 module.
[2/2] iio: imu: mpu6050: Add support for the ICM 20602 IMU - Patchwork (kernel.org)

Which board do you mean? You could try to port them on L4T platform for Jetson device.

Sure, I’ll try to get in touch with the vendor for the porting document and the device tree modifications.

They mentioned the Atmel Studio, which supports AVR and SAM MCUs. For now, I’m reviewing the driver code and trying to understand the procedure to replicate it on the Xavier board. If there’s a driver available for the aarch64 architecture, it would provide a good starting point for working with the sensor

yes, please get the porting documents/driver from your vendor for embedded linux platform.
We could instruct you that where to apply the driver and device tree configuration, but we don’t have the 3rd-party driver/module/configuration to verify it locally.

Sure Kevin. Thanks a lot for your support.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.