Lights between programs

System used Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, Ram 64,0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, Windows 10 64bits, Autodesk Maya 2022, Autodesk 3dsMax 2022, Create

I tested the 3 ways around connecting al 3 software, and the were no possible way that the lights behaved correctly or appeared correctly between the applications.

With the 3 programs connected, I created a Spotlight in Maya, it appeared in Create and in 3dsMax like a sphere light and a point light.
Perhaps is because there is no such thing as a “spotlight” or other lights in Create
When I created a photometric light in 3dsMax, it didn’t even show in Maya or Create.

In Create I placed a Disklight, in 3dsMax showed has a Sphere light, but did not illuminate correctly, it generated a big black area on the geometry, and part of the scene had some light, but did not affected as is supposed to do, and in Maya it was an empty group, not even a light.

And later I placed a Sphere light in Create, in 3dsMax was a Sphere light with a strange behaviour, and in Maya was a normal Spotlight.

The only programs that worked well with dome light were Create and Maya, even the Arnold dome light appeared perfectly in Create and the other way around ass well, but 3dsMax did not had any dome light noticeable behaviour.

1 Like

Hello,
Currently not all light types in all connectors are supported. We’ll be adding more support in a future release for more light types. We’ll also be improving how intensity values map between to and from USD lights. It’s also important to note that there is not always a direct mapping between a light in 3dsMax and USD in Create. As noted here, we will be improving lights in a future release.

Thanks for the answer, looking forward for the next release then!