TX2 developer kit not powering up

I am having an issue powering up an older Jetson TX2 developer kit.
It worked fine until a few instants ago when it suddenly lost power. When I powered it up again I couldn’t get any video output.
The ‘red’ led CR5 is on as soon as the board is powered. CR6 and the green led CR2 both turn on once I hit the power button but the CR1 led does not (it was on before I observed the issue).
Do you have any ideas about what could be going on?
Thanks a lot!

We can only suggest to reflash your devcie with SDK manager.

Thanks for the hint!
I am not able to see the board using lsusb once connected and in recovery mode. Any ideas on what I could do next?

Do you have other TX2 board that can validate whether your host really can flash/detect or not?

I don’t have any other developer kit to test it with; do you know whether there is any sequence I could try or perhaps reflash the board via serial interface? Additionally, is there anything I can infer from the fact the led CR1 is off? I haven’t reached any conclusion from the user guide.

Just follow the instruction from user guide or L4T developer guide to reflash your device.

Thanks! The guides that I consulted require the board to be connected via USB. Unfortunately, the board doesn’t seem to connect at all as there is no Nvidia USB peripheral listed under lsusb; do you have any resource that I missed perhaps?

Are the following correct?

• Using the micro-OTG USB port with the supplied micro-B USB cable.
  • The Jetson is in recovery mode.

Yes, both are correct.

Assuming recovery mode with that cable, and if the host PC cannot flash due to not seeing the Jetson, then it probably has hardware failure. I would suggest trying different ports on the host PC though, or even a second host PC (the hardware failure might be something outside of the Jetson). Also, on host PC, you might monitor “dmesg --follow”, and note if plugging in the recovery mode Jetson shows any log lines.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.