Issues with imports using geomsubsets

I’ve been trying to import Daz characters into A2F and I’ve had various degrees of success with different approaches. I first import the character into Blender 4.0 and export a USD, When I import it into A2F I’m missing the textures, so I manually map them to the materials and the character looks as expected.

Then I run Mesh/Mesh Extract by Subset and I get what can be best described as leopard woman

When I transfer the character, it appears the character mesh isn’t connected to the result mesh. If I hide the leopard woman, the result mesh is animating as expected, but it is completely black

I

It appears this is all related to geomsubsets, but I feel like I’m very close to getting this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings, @Lgraync ! Was your Leopard Woman ;) issue resolved in latest updates? I’m sorry we missed this one!

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-omniverse-tutorials).

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

Hi Edmar,
I had pretty much given up but, I just tried it again and it appears to be the same result.

Thanks for the update…you are using the Omniverse installation of Blender (Blender — Omniverse Connect documentation)?

I just played around with it a little more and I think it now works. Previously, I used the USD export from Omniverse Blender instead of the plugin because I had issues (don’t remember the specifics at this point) in A2F. I just tried again with the plugin and now it seems fine.

1 Like