SkyEnvironment disables other lights?

See, I have the browstone scene here and I have made a lot of actioncore characters to walk around the city.
Now as I render in Path Traced, it seems that I cannot create other manual lights at all. They are effective only in RTX realtime renders.

Is there a workaround?

Pekka

Hello @pekka.varis! I am checking with the team about this. I will get back to you as soon as I have more information!

Hello @pekka.varis
I guess this is in Create? If so which build?
Can you show an example of the light in question working in RTX Real-Time but not in RTX - Interactive, for example the light lighting a surface? And where is the light in the stage.

There is a parameter “Use First Distant Light & First Dome Light Only” under Common/Lighting but the behavior is respected in RT and PT so I assume it’s not that flag being set to true.

Ah! It was the “Use First Distant Light & First Dome Light Only” :)

Strange still that my rectangle light is not visible in path-traced but visible in realtime… Maybe there were some other light taking the “first position”.

Indeed there is an inconsistent behavior if the light is visible in primary rays. We will change the behavior to make it consistent. Thank you for reporting it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.